Dear friends
It snowed yesterday! Unbelievably end of 2012!
It has been a good year. I'm doing well. Still in one piece :P
Started a new job in the Spring 2012. Still at the same hospital but just a slightly different department. Discovering how/why blood clots/bleeds. Interesting stuff!
I also had the chance to meet up with my ex-colleague who was here in Chicago in Spring 2012 for a conference.I hope I wasn't being a bad influence by giving my ex-colleague all the discount coupons I saved :P
Survived Hurricane Sandy! Underestimated the impact of the storm. Fortunately my hosp/apartment was largely unaffected. My incredibly dedicated colleagues stayed behind in hospital to ensure work will get done. Some endured long commute/carpooled/walked across bridges just to get to work. I live only 5 minutes walk away from hospital (or 7 minutes if I'm stuck at the traffic lights :P)... so there's no excuse. If I don't show up at work during emergency, my boss will probably show up at my apartment! :P But still, I'm really thankful for my apartment: wonderful/newly renovated elevated building with laundry facilities on every floor and great view from the rooftop and reliable doormen to pick up all my packages (good things come in small packages! :P) and a roommate who's usually not home..... :D Details another time.
I love playing host to friends & family who came by to visit. I love the fragrance of Spring and the colours of Fall. love my job too! So much to learn from everyone. I love our spontaneous breakfast get-together at work. Some of my colleagues are the most humble people I know! I feel that I've changed so much in the years (4 years+ actually!) I've been away from Singapore... I supposed I grown much more talkative. One of my group leaders (at work) is always trying to get me shut up because I just don't stop talking :P
I could go on and on sharing all the good things, but I will end here. Happy New Year :)
Reina
"You crown the year with Your goodness.... " Psalm 65:11
No comments:
Post a Comment