Friday, August 23, 2013

After being persuaded by colleagues, I finally went to HSS to follow up on my back pain & history of scoliosis. Impressed by the service. Did not have to wait. Everyone is just so nice.  And the doctor was actually alrdy reviewing the x-rays & the 17 pages of forms I had filled up while the nurses took my vitals/history. My case is obviously mild so I'm surprised that my doctor (who's also the attending) bothered to do a thorough physical exam & make sure I'm really ok, explained the x-rays results & summarized everything for me. For once in my life, I felt like a VIP.... My roommate simply reminded me that is why consultation can cost $600. haha. But I was scared stiff. There's something intimidating abt going to the doctor. I didn't say much except for 'yes' & 'no'... so the only words I heard/rmb were 'inflammation. mild degeneration. MRI. steroids and physiotherapy.' 

Shld I follow up with an MRI?


No comments:

Post a Comment